The coronavirus (COVID19) is spread by respiratory droplets, and does not linger on porous surfaces, such as letters or parcels, says the post office. Here is our recommended advice for staying safe.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Do not sign for letters or parcels. (Although they should not ask you to, according to their advice above.)
- Stay at home when you’re sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the bin.
- Where possible, use contactless payments, or paper bank notes rather than the new polymer ones.
And finally, phone friends and family if they have to self-isolate.
If you can, offer to help people who have difficulty getting out with shopping and other tasks. However, be sure to follow the NHS Advice on precautions you need to take, and maintain social distancing to protect yourself and others.
Sandwell Council is also providing support for its residents. Check their Coronavirus - Emergency help from the council page for details. There may also be a local community group in your area that is already offering help, such as the Great Barr Volunteers group.