Our climate is breaking down. Rising seas and more frequent extreme weather events are putting tens of millions of lives around the world at risk.
Here in the UK, the government is totally failing to do what's needed in the face of the crisis. We need them to put the emergency brake on now and start turning the ship around - the climate won't grant us any extensions.
Call on the UK government to declare a Climate Emergency now and then act like it.
The petition reads:
To: UK government
"We are calling on you to declare a Climate Emergency now - and then to act like it. For starters, that means:
(1) Banning all new oil and gas production in the UK, including fracking. Here in the UK, the government is totally failing to do what's needed in the face of the crisis. We need them to put the emergency brake on now and start turning the ship around - the climate won't grant us any extensions.
(2) Tripling renewable energy by 2030
(3) Planting 700 million trees
(4) Introducing a Frequent Flyer Tax
(5) Ending the sale of all new petrol and diesel cars by 2030
(6) Rolling out free bus travel for young people and those on lower incomes
(7) Ending carbon emissions from heavy industry like steel and cement
(8) Creating millions of jobs in a new green economy
(9) Retrofitting our homes to go zero carbon
(10) Radically changing the farming and food system to encourage a less meat-based diet"
If you care about the future of our planet then you must SIGN THE PETITION. It is just 10,000 short of
300,000 - sign and share on social media using the buttons above and show the Government you care.